- There is late, fashionably late, and then there are Miami people coming when they get there.
- The humidity in Miami knows no chill.
- Kaylan Arnold is the truth!
- Yendry is super dope. After a delayed flight in from Paris. Yendry did not let being stuck in New York stop her from getting on stage and then getting off the stage and performing with her fans.
- The Gully God is going to do what he does
Bambii is a world class DJ. Her technique was second to none this weekend.
We may never recover from what I saw this weekend. A true celebration of blackness, highlighted, by every shade of beauty, creativity, and talent.
AfroPunk Miami showed out in its inaugural year. Thoughtful curation ensured that everyone who hit the stage belonged, but our personal favorites were Ebhoni, Kaylan Arnold, Yendry, and the bad man Skillibeng.
Filled to the brim with well thought out vendors, games, art, and food trucks. AfroPunk did not skim on making sure the experience would never be forgotten by anyone who attended the event the 3 day event. Forward thinking there is a buzz about AfoPunk MPLS, and of course the SuperBowl of AfroPunks, Brooklyn.
AfroPunk Miami gave everything it was suppose to give.